BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Indian/Pakistani food and American deserets

So I have been on somewhat of a cooking spree this past weekend and  begining of this week. Usually I tottaly try to avoid cooking because A. I don't have time B. I don't have skill. Yet, with me being graduated, and now having nothing to do on the weekend or weeknights, I have been able to spread my wings.


When I usually learn a new recipie I follow written instructions only to miss a step or two. This time I learned how to correct this error by watching youtube.com cooking videos. You tube is really the bomb...In a about an hour I was able to learn how to make Punjabi Samosas ,and and apple crip desert.

The punjabi Samaosas were supposed to look like nice beautiful trangles such as the picture below, but ended up being wrapped in various ways as I tried to emmulate the design. They tasted delicous, though, with cooked potatoes, black beans, ginger, curry spice, garlic, and other yummy spices stuffed in the shell.  The apple crisp, that I also made, was delicious. It was created with fresh applies, had a cinnamon mixture on top, and drizzled with butter.




Today I  tried my hand at a new pakistani dish called Tikka  Masala. It is a pakistani sauce that has tomatoes, peppers, chicken, and yougurt in it. Once that was cooked I then added it to rice. It was one spicy dish, yet delicous! I made enough to last me for a week! For deseret I was able to make homemade choclate brownies.





This new cooking adventure has made me feel really domestic. I don't know if it is the fall weather setting in that yearns for me to have some nostaligic comfort or what , but I am enjoying it.

My next adventure will have to be something made out of curry as one of my clients gave me a whole bottle of authentic curry powder....If you have any recipies feel free to comment or send them to my e-mail.

love,
Brittani

0 comments: